There is trench and trenchless laying of sewer and water supply pipes. Sewer line repair Spokane WA is a type of trenchless pipe laying.
The most common is the “open” method of laying pipes. It has significant disadvantages:
- there is a violation of the fertile soil layer;
- destruction of greenery;
- in the case when the trench passes through the highway, the road pavement will be destroyed, which subsequently needs to be restored.
- if this highway cannot be blocked even at night, it will be impossible to lay the pipeline using the “open” method.
In order to lay a pipeline under a highway, railway, residential building, river, etc., trenchless pipe laying is used. Trenchless drilling method makes it possible to perform underground work without digging the ground. This method of laying pipes has the following advantages:
- significant reduction of material costs;
- reduction of pipeline laying time;
- reduction of workers for earthworks;
- minimal damage to the environment;
- the possibility of laying pipes in the winter season;
- improving the safety of personnel.
If trenchless pipe laying in a small area is required, you can do without the use of special equipment and machines. It will be necessary to make only a cylinder of the required diameter and attach a stackable rod to it. With this simple design, you can manually remove the ground. However, it will be necessary to dig small pits on both sides of the road beforehand.
When trenchless laying is measured in several tens of meters or more, it will be necessary to use special machines and mechanisms.
Image by MonikaP from Pixabay