Before painting, it is important to choose the right facade paint, because in the modern building materials market, this product is represented by a huge assortment. The specialists of Exterior painting Calgary will confirm this, they will also help with painting. So, first of all, the choice should be made on the basis of the material on which the paint will be applied. Let’s draw your attention to how to choose the right paint material. For instance:
- If it is a concrete wall, then any paints, except vinyl and lime-based, will be suitable for painting it.
- A house built of ceramic bricks cannot be decorated with vinyl or polysilicate paints.
- If the painted wall is built of silicate bricks, it is better to paint it with silicate or polysilicate paints.
- Plastered surfaces (cement plaster or lime) can only be decorated with silicate or polysilicate paint products.
- If silicate plaster was used, that is, based on liquid glass, there are no restrictions in the use of paints, you can use any.
- If the plaster was made on organic resins, silicone and acrylic paints are the best option.
Contamination of facades is one more important point. This is especially true for those houses that are located on roads with heavy traffic. The best option is to purchase a paint with self–cleaning properties. That is, after applying it to the wall, a moisture-proof film forms on the surface.
Now, armed with knowledge, you can proceed directly to choosing the right facade paint. We wish you success!
Photo by Curtis Adams from Pexels